This year, COMPANIES DOING GOOD FORUM, will be held online for the first time, on April 15 and 16, and is expected to be attended by more than 200 participants.
COMPANIES DOING GOOD FORUM is a biennial event in the format of integrated action that offers opportunities for connection and optimal integration of the capacities of progressive business entities, institutions, social enterprises and citizens’ associations by transferring knowledge of world-proven methodologies for sustainable change.
The event is organized by the Association for Research, Communications and Development “Public” in partnership with the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) in Macedonia, and unites stakeholders from the region, Europe and the world.
Since 2016 COMPANIES DOING GOOD FORUM contributes to building partnerships between the three sectors of society and emphasizes the role of business in creating better societies, guided by the motto of Harvard Professor Michael Potter: “Until now, businesses have been making profits by making problems, and businesses of the future should make profits by solving problems,” alluding to the need to create sustainable businesses that focus on people and the planet.
This year’s forum (2021) raises three important questions:
- The future of jobs – Within this segment will be brought information about businesses in relation to job trends, but will also give an overview of the importance of understanding the bigger picture and the participation of businesses in creating inclusive societies.
- Partnerships for sustainable development – cooperation between the three sectors – businesses, institutions and civil society organizations in the pursuit of creating sustainable societies in which no one leave behind.
- Social enterprises – enterprises necessary for the community – In this part of the Forum the focus will be on the development of social services according to the needs of the citizens and the need for openness and innovation to respond to the challenges of the new time.
- Civil society – active or passive actor of social change
Social impact measurement and the changes that are accomplished by the third sector and the business sector, are the third programming pillar of Public’s research. The association “Public” created the first innovative instrument for measuring social change achieved by civil organizations . The purpose of this instrument is to enable civil organizations to identify their capacity to foster social change.
- Companies Doing Good Forum